- Am I signing over the rights to my music, home and firstborn? No. The only rights we take are the obvious ones we need to run the service. For example, the right to host the music you upload, stream and sell it on your behalf, display whatever lyrics and artwork you put on the site, and so on. Also you give us the right the produce compilation of different tracks to optimize the selling on your behalf. The full details are here.
- What can I upload? Are covers OK? Before uploading you must own or control all rights to everything you upload. That means covers are out, unless you have a written license or authorization from the artist to upload the cover to Bandcamp and grant us the rights in the terms below. Do not upload cover songs unless you have obtained all permissions and authorizations in writing! These requirements apply regardless of whether you’re selling the music or giving it away.
- Which artists can not sell on music.la-kossa.com? La Kossa Music gives priority to singer which are not represented by any music protection organization as GEMA, Sacem. and others. If you are represented by a label then the label must be the one who upload content for you
- How much does La Kossa Music cost? Creating an account on La Kossa Music is free of charge. The artist receives 70% of any payment made on its product
- When I buy something on La Koss Music, is the artist I’m trying to support receiving just a fraction of a fraction of what I pay? The artist always receives 70% of an the payment send to the artist. 11% is for La Kossa Music, 19% for the VAT. La Kossa Music only makes money then the artist is making moneyi. You can find out more by reading our Fair Trade Music Policy here and the fees section below.
- How can i use the bought music. The music
OK, on to the legally binding portion!
Acceptance of Terms.
The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, then you are of legal age to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Rules and Conduct.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without Company’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Company or any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Company.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Company’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
Company reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Company’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including, without limitation, terminating your account and/or reporting such activity or Content to law enforcement authorities.
Fan Personal Information – Fans.
As a condition to using certain features of the Service (including, without limitation, the free download feature, or making a purchase from Company or an Artist), you may be required to provide certain personal information to Company or relevant Artists, such as your e-mail address, country of residence and zip/postal code (“Fan Information”).
As a condition to each such Artist’s right to receive such Fan Information, Company requires each Artist to agree to the terms set forth in the next section of this Agreement. However, you acknowledge that Company has no control over the use of the Fan Information by the Artists, and you further acknowledge and agree that Bandcamp shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the Artists’ use of such Fan Information.
Fan Personal Information – Artists.
In connection with certain features of the Service, including by requiring that fans provide you with their e-mail addresses and other personal information in order to access the free download option, you may collect certain types of Fan Information. As a condition to receiving such Fan Information, you acknowledge and agree that you will not disclose, rent, or sell any Fan Information to any third party, and you will use the Fan Information only in connection with the Artist’s mailing list or Artist Subscription, in order to provide fans with general information and news about the Artist, such as upcoming shows, new Music or other Content delivered in connection with your Artist Subscription. You further agree that any e-mail or other communication sent to the Artist’s mailing list or sent in connection with the Artist Subscription will comply with e-mail marketing laws and include a mechanism by which the recipient can unsubscribe from the mailing list, along with clear instructions on how to do so (i.e. a functioning “opt-out” mechanism). You will promptly implement a recipient’s request to opt-out of receiving e-mails from you and will not send any further e-mails to such opting-out recipient.
Fees and Payments – General
La Kossa Music facilitates payments for purchases of Content including digital Content made available via download through the Service (“Digital Content”), physical merchandise (“Merchandise”) and Artist Subscriptions. Each such purchase is a “Transaction,” each Transaction involving Digital Content is a “Digital Transaction,”, and each Transaction involving Merchandise is a “Merchandise Transaction.” Transactions may be made using Standard Payments or Enhanced Payments, which are detailed here.
Fees and Payments – Customer.
You may purchase products and/or services from an Artist through the Site, including, without limitation, purchases of Content including Digital Content, Merchandise, and Artist Subscriptions.